In order to address climate change humankind is seeking to initiate the wholesale decarbonisation of the energy sector. Simultaneously technological advances are reducing the cost of decentralised energy generation and Digitisation via Artificial Intelligence, the Internet of Things and Distributed Ledgers are radically changing the way energy is consumed, managed and the number of actors which can play a part in the energy transformation.
Foresight Transitions is looking at new ways in which energy futures can be characteristed within a resource availability framework. This involves scanning for technological advances, novel business models which might be manifest and assessing new consumer energy service value propositions in different possible futures.
- Mazur, C., Hall, S., Hardy, J., and Workman, M.H.W., 2019. Technology is not a Barrier: A Survey of Energy System Technologies Required for Innovative Electricity Business Models Driving the Low Carbon Energy Revolution. In Energies 2019, 12, 428.
- Dean, C., Schillebeeckx, S and Workman, M.H.W., 2017. Scarcity in the 21st Century: How the Resource Nexus affects Management. Book Chapter - Natural Resource Management for Business Published in February 2018
- Wegner, S.M., Hall, S., Workman, M.H.W. and Hardy, J. 2017. Valuing energy futures; A comparative analysis of value pools across energy system scenarios. Applied Energy
- Foster, E., Marcello, C., Blazquez, J, Manzano, B., Workman, M.H.W. and Shah, N., 2017. The unstudied barriers to widespread renewable energy deployment: fossil fuel price responses. Energy Policy
- Workman, M.H.W.W. 2015. Economic Resilience of Cities? The Role of Cities in the UK Energy Agenda – Their Importance as Facilitators and Co-ordinators. Energy Research Partnership Technology Report.
- Metz, A., Darch, G. and Workman, M.H.W., 2015. Realising a climate resilient UK electricity and gas system. Proceedings of the Institute of Civil Engineers.
- Hayes-Labruto, L., Schillebeeckx, S., Workman, M.H.W and Shah, N., 2013. Contrasting perspectives on China's rare earths policies: Reframing the debate through a stakeholder lens. Energy Policy
- Workman, M.H.W.W. 2011. Bio-energy Technologies Review - Executive Summary and Recommendations. Energy Research Partnership Technology Report.