The world is becoming increasingly complex. Making strategy in such turbulent and uncertain futures requires the drawing upon of different tools such as scenario analysis, robust decision making, game theory and integrated assessment modelling. These are being developed and implemented in a highly fragmented manner within and across sectors.
Foresight Transitions develops a holistic, multi-disciplinary and end-to-end perespective to decision making under uncertainty. The work seeks to develop learning across sectors and disciplines with a view to highlighting areas for future capacity development and collaboration between academic-industry and policy partners to address better understanding across domains and sectors.
The most recent evolution of this work is the creation of the Analysis under Uncertainty for Decision Makers - see http://au4dmnetworks.co.uk/
Research Papers and Output
- Informal Reviewer 2019 for the Internal Draft of Working Group II (Assesses the Impacts of Climate Change) Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) Sixth Assessment Report (WGII AR6) Chapter 17: Decision-making options for managing risk.
- AU4DM Network 2019. A Catalogue of Visualisations - to Communicate Uncertainty - Version 1.0
- AU4DM Network 2018. Decision Support Tools for Complex Decisions under Uncertainty Catalogue - Version 1.0
- Kruitwagen, L., Madani, K., Darch, G., Workman, M.H.W., et al. 2017. Decision Making under Uncertainty White Paper.
- Kruitwagen, L. and Workman, M.H.W. 2016. Decision Making under Uncertainty Workshop Report Summary.
- Kruitwagen, L., Madani, K., Caldecott, B., and Workman, M.H.W. 2016. Game Theory and Corporate Governance: Conditions for Effective Stewardship of Companies Exposed to Climate Change Risks. Journal of Sustainable Finance and Investment.
- Madani, K., Darch, G., Parra, F., and Workman, M.H.W. 2015. Using Game Theory to Address Modern Resource Management Problems. Grantham Policy Note No.2
- Workman, M.H.W. 2013. DCDC Technology Review for Shale Gas, CCS and Energy Storage. Contribution to MOD Global Strategic Trends Programme: Global Strategic Trends - Out to 2045. 5th Edition